Monday, January 10, 2011

Gingerbread Waffles

I know gingerbread and peppermint usually prance around kitchens during the holiday season. Not in mine. Those two flavours will be in my kitchen all year round, especially after having made Gingerbread Waffles for breakfast this past weekend.

I love weekends. I love not having my dreams interrupted by the sound of my alarm, I love snuggling into my blankets and avoiding the cold, and I absolutely love sweet breakfast treats. With that in mind, a weekend that starts off with gingerbread waffles? UH-MAZING. The Gingerbread Waffles are easy, tastier than cereal, and will impress anyone and every one you meet. They turned out so delicious that I had no patience to take a worthy picture of the final product. I s'pose you'll just have to make them!

Gingerbread Waffles
courtesy of Annie's Eats via Martha Stewart

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
4 large eggs
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup milk
½ cup sour cream
3 tbsp. unsulfured molasses

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Whisk to blend. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, butter, milk, sour cream and molasses and whisk to blend well. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk to combine until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.

Preheat a waffle iron. Fill waffle wells and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook until crisp and golden. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment