Monday, January 31, 2011

Waffles, Doughnuts, and Fried Pies...OH MY!

Destination: Portland, Oregon.
Purpose of trip: To find some of best Portland Food Carts and well...indulge.

This is the second year my friends and I have done this trip. Believe me, it was VERY successful.

Here, take a look:


We started off our Saturday morning right and headed to The Waffle Window. Quite honestly, the best breakfast I've ever had.



The best thing about being in a group of five? You get to try what everyone else ordered.
  


Oh and we didn't stop there. After our sugar rush, we were craving something savory...


Fresh rolled garlic flatbread, anyone? Urban Garlic is located in a lot with other food carts - one of them being a Homemade Rootbeer vendor. It was THE best rootbeer I have ever had.

We ate A LOT. But we also found time to do some wonderful things around Portland such as visiting Powell's Books (a bookstore that's a block long!) and playing pirate-themed glow in the dark mini-golf. While we waited, we managed to get in a game of Bananagrams too!

I can't believe how much we ate. What I haven't yet mentioned is the countless number of other things we ate. Are you ready for it? Burgers, fries, rootbeer floats, poutine, crepes, a korean-mexican fusion truck that fed us kimchi quesadillas, burritos, and a taco, pizza, a bagel with vegan bacon cream cheese, fried pies, and my absolute favourite...dulce de leche and sea salt shakes. Phew!

There were times when we all were convinced we couldn't eat any more but of course, as in most cases, our taste buds won over any reasoning.

Case in point:

We HAD to wrap up our trip with doughnuts from Voodoo Doughnuts



I'll be eating apples for the rest of the week, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment